Hailey Spencer Film Appreciation FILM 115-IN1 Professor Trevor September 14th, 2025 As someone who enjoys films and TV shows that take place in Korea such as Train to Busan , Squid Game and more recently, Kpop Demon Hunters , S ympathy for Mr. Vengeance immediately piqued my interest not long after watching the trailer. The frequent cuts and use of fade ins and fade outs created this sense of terror and unease. After watching Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance , I noticed it employs various effective cinematography techniques. This film's cinematographer, Kim Byeong-il, who has also worked on films such as Hitchhiker, Untold Scandal , and Addicted, is known for having a distinct style of cinematography. He is very talented and often uses balanced cuts and wide-shots to create a sense of tension between the characters and their environment. One example of Byeong-il's effective use of cin...
Hailey Spencer Film Appreciation FILM 115-IN1 Professor Trevor November 10th, 2025 When I was in the 8th grade, I read the book Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I remember being absolutely obsessed with it, taking every opportunity I had to read more. This was a book I struggled to put down, and I have nothing but fond memories of reading it. There were even times I got emotional after reading certain chapters, especially after Pi's family drowned on the sinking ship. Not long after finishing the book, I immediately rented the film and watched it with my family. After watching it, I was beyond impressed. It managed to bring the book to life in a way I never could have imagined. In addition to the story and special effects, the production design itself was nothing short of incredible. One example of the amazing production design utilized in this film was the creation of the massive, custom-built wave tank. After w...
Hailey Spencer Film Appreciation FILM 115-IN1 Professor Trevor October 13th, 2025 One of my favorite Halloween movies to this day is Disney's Hocus Pocus . I will never forget how much I enjoy the Sanderson sisters and their performance by actors Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Kathy Najimy. Their scenes are some of my favorites in the film especially when they perform "I Put a Spell on You" to hypnotize and distract the adults at the Halloween party. Despite watching this film numerous times, I didn't know much about the various special effects it utilizes. I was familiar with the use of some effects like computer generated imagery, but I knew little about the process of creating them as well as some of the practical effects. After watching an episode of VFX Geek, reading an article, and watching a behind the scenes video about the making of the film, I learned more about some of the special effects present in the f...
Comments
Post a Comment